As approved by your physician and insurance, our experienced rehabilitative specialists provide in-home evaluations around home safety, medical equipment, motion exercises, and more.
Our team consistently monitors specific areas that may indicate if a patient is a candidate for physical therapy, occupational therapy and/or speech therapy. Common symptoms our nurses monitor are:
- Ambulation (has a new device, gait abnormality, recent orthopedic surgery)
- Ascending / descending stairs
- Balance / history of falls / stumbles or tips while walking
- Weakness or deconditioning
- Cardio-pulmonary (pre/post-surgery, endurance issues, activity modification, energy conservation)
- Dressing – grooming
- Feeding / meal preparation
Palliative Care and Hospice Consultations
Under the umbrella of Lawrence Community Health Services, Jansen Hospice and Palliative care staff are available to provide consultation assisting patients, families and medical teams with the decision focusing on care that addresses symptom management vs. curative treatment. Hospice is not just for cancer patients; it is end of life care for patients with any terminal illness like heart failure, COPD, kidney disease, strokes, Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s disease, and more.
I was extremely happy with services Lawrence Home Care of Westchester provided. My nurse was wonderful and highly skilled. I’m very grateful for all her help.